In this artical I wanted to write tha basic definitions of chemistry, for yhe ones that hate it! 😉
- ELEMENTS: Are substances that cannot be chemically broken down into simpler substances.
- METALS: Are elements that have the propreties of shiny luster, ductility and malleability.
- NONMETALS: Are elemts that lack of most of the properties of the metals and they look dull
- NOBLE GASES: The noble gases are the six elements in the last group of the periodic table and they all have similar properties and atomic structure.
- GROUPS: Are the columns on the periodic table. They can also be called families
- PERIODS: The rows on the periodic table
- ATOM: Is the smallest part of an element that can be identified as that element
- PROTON: Is a particle that has a positive charge (+)
- NEUTRON: Is a particle that does not have any charge
- ELECTRON: Is a particle that has a negative charge (-). It is exactly equal to the positive charge
- ATOMIC NUMBER: Is the number of protons found inside the nucleus
- ATOMIC MASS: Is the total mass of the protons and neutrons in an atom
- MASS: Is the amount of matter in something
- ELECTROMAGNETISM: Is the raletionship between electricity and magnetism
- VALENCE ELECTRON: Is an electron in the outermost energylevel of an atom
- IONIC BOND: Is a bond that forms when one atom gains one or more electrons from another atom
- ION: Is an atom with an electrical charge
- IONIZATION: Is the formation of ions
- ISOTOPE: Is the atom of an element that have the same number of protons as the other atoms of the element but a different number of neutrons in its nuclei
Thanks for having read our artical. If you like it start to follow us! 🙂